Sunday, July 20, 2014

Here.

at the airport checking in
We are exhausted. And relieved. God has faithfully carried us to our home in Uganda.  All the work of the past year has paid off.  And we are here.

I can't wait to see how my One Word {here} will unfold and inspire me on this side of the ocean.

The kids all did great on the flights.  There was never a moment when we couldn't distract Elizabeth from launching into a full-blown meltdown.  She slept snug in the sling, so I even caught some rest without worrying that I would drop her.  The boys watched a million movies.  During our six-hour layover in London we busted out the Legos and the boys played happily, found the play place in Terminal 5 (near Gate A6 if you need to know~ also, bring socks for your kiddos in your carry-on so you don't have to "borrow" socks. gross. lesson learned), and Caleb finally slept.  Flight 2 was fine as well.  And all our luggage arrived in Entebbe!  We are so grateful.

Some things I'm thankful for right here:

here.

driving on the left side of the road.
scent of smoke lingering on the air
walking into my own home
a cool breeze rustling the curtain
hearing the birds outside my window
East African coffee, brewed in our french press
because the power was out.
warm welcome. big smiles shining from dark faces
baby taken up into the arms of our night guard.
she didn't cry.
the sunset over this city.
6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. miracle.
bouncy play gym. given by sweet friends.
boys happily reunited with toys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!