Friday, February 19, 2016

Leaning in.


The tensions are high. And tempers flare. The ugliness of the human heart splashed across our days. I am speaking of our home- not the elections currently taking place in Uganda. And it makes me want to run away. But we are sheltering in place. Nowhere to go. I've got to stay. Lean into the hard. 

Facing the demons within is way scarier than whatever may be raging in the world around me. And He says: fear not. I am with you.

I know this intense season of littles wont last forever. Fear not- this too shall pass. 

We are confined to our hill at least until Saturday as the election unfolds. Fear not- nothing will touch you that does not pass through My hand. 

I lived ugly today. The overflow of my weary heart gushing from my lips. Fear not- tomorrow is another day. My mercies are new each morning.

Ive been walking in lack... Not in love this week. I am so tired. But this is not reason to sin; this is reason to lean in. 

So grateful for this quote from Elisabeth Elliot encouraging me to stay in the game, to lean in and not give up: 

"The very cracks and crannies of my life... He wants to fill with Himself, His joy, His life. The more unsatisfactory my "performance" the more He calls me to share His yoke. I should know by now that mine makes me tired and overburdened. He urges me to learn of Him: 'I am gentle and humble in heart.'" -Elisabeth Elliot, Keep a Quiet Heart




1 comment:

  1. He urges me to learn of him... I love that.

    Thanks for sharing, for your honesty. The things that God is doing in our hearts as we learn these big lessons of faith. Right there with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!